a good spot

Friday, March 4, 2011

...uh, I don't know

So, I was at Best Buy the other day (which turned out not to be the Best Buy because Staples had the printer cheaper) and as I was walking through the wide-screen television section I noticed a guy looking at a 60" LCD.  Pricetag:  north of three grand!  His dear wife, looking a little tired, sidled up to him and said, "We don't need one that big!"  He looked at the ground, then up at the screen, not to his bride, and then his heart spoke.  Well, his mouth spoke, but it was his heart, yearning for something more perhaps, holding out for the possibility that this 60" behemoth, paired with his $100 a month cable package (some parishioners call that amount a 'tithe'), might just be the ticket to deliver him happiness each night as he bowed, er, reclined before it.
So he said, perhaps the Digital Discipleship creed, ".....uh, I don't know."
And somewhere inside I am guessing that he beleived, had faith, that one day he would have it.
Well, except for the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment